About ACCA Cymru/Wales
The ACCA Cymru/Wales website contains up to date information and news on ACCA in Wales.
Information on ACCA Cymru/WalesACCA Wales was launched on 9 October 2001 with the official opening of the office by the Rt Hon Rhodri Morgan AM, First Minister of the National Assembly for Wales.
The office was established due to the growing numbers of members and students in Wales. These numbers have continued to grow and there are now over 4,300 students, affiliates and members in Wales.
ACCA Cymru/Wales is well represented amongst Wales's leading business professionals, the educational community and the public service leaders and is well placed to become an increasingly important voice in the Welsh business community.
The strategy of ACCA Cymru/Wales is guided by the 'ACCA Wales Committee'. This group consists of ACCA staff, representatives from the three ACCA Cymru/Wales Members' Networks, Wales' International Assembly Member and an ACCA Council Member. The group meets on a regular basis.
The overall mission of ACCA Cymru/Wales is to:
- provide quality professional opportunities in Wales for ACCA members and students of ability and application throughout their working careers
- promote the highest ethical and governance standards
- work in the public interest of the people of Wales
- be a leading player, at a national level, in the knowledge-based profession of the 21st century
- to highlight and promote the role of the accountant as a profession in Welsh business
Our Key Objectives are:
- to be the leading professional accountancy body in Wales
- genuinely influential with a powerful voice in the profession, business and the National Assembly of Wales
- in a position to help shape the agenda on the key issues facing the profession in Wales
- an organisation with the profile and credibility which enables it to mount an effective lobby as and when appropriate
- to act as the benchmark for an effective professional body in Wales
- to be a quality organisation which continues to grow in every part of Wales.
ACCA Cymru/Wales Team
Ben Cottam, Head of ACCA Cymru/Wales
Ceri Maund, Services and Communications Manager
Winston Jacob, Business Development Manager
Victoria Rees, Business Relationship Manager - Student Promotions
Kylie Skinner - Business Relationship Manager
Maria Hampson-Jones, Services Co-ordinator
Contact details for ACCA Cymru/Wales
Find a Tuition Provider