Only registered students of ACCA can sit the exams. There are two ways of sitting an exam: paper-based exams (PBE) and computer-based exams (CBE).
The PBE is applicable for all papers of CAT and ACCA, while the CBE is only eligible for the following papers:
- the Introductory and Intermediate Levels of our Certified Accounting Technician Qualification
- the Fundamentals – Knowledge Level module of the ACCA Qualification
- MSER exams MMA (F2) and MFA (F3)
To sit a CBE, students have to register with the CBE centres licensed by ACCA. Exam fees and dates are determined by the centres. CBE registration must be made at least two weeks prior to the exam dates.
In comparison with the PBE, the CBE bears some advantages as follows:
- flexible dates, rather than only June and December sessions as PBE
- results are shown right after finishing the exam
- quick registration
PBE registration can be made either online via MyACCA or by submitting forms and fees to ACCA Vietnam office. Please refer to ACCA/CAT qualification page for more information on fees and dates.