September. KTU becomes Lisenced CBE Centre (Kaunas. Lithuania)
Kaunas University of Technology has become the Association of Chartered Certified Accountants’ (ACCA’s) licensed centre for computer-based exams (CBE). The licensed CBE status has been awarded following the formal monitoring procedure by ACCA, confirming that the University’s facilities offer excellent level of comfort for ACCA students and secure the fairness of exam results.
Loreta Valanciene, Head of Accounting Department of the Kaunas University of Technology, said: “We are one of the largest technical universities in the Baltic States, which is fast forwarding to becoming an internationally acknowledged institution of higher education. We aim to provide an open creative environment that inspires leaders and talented individuals and believe that offering on-demand ACCA exams will complete the range of qualification services available to our students. It will also help to make closer ties with real business experience and better career prospects for our graduates.”
On-demand exams provide greater flexibility for students to choose the place and time of examination; students are not restricted to June and December paper-based exam sessions only. Additionally, they get an instant result feedback at the end of the exam. The result is then transferred to student’s ACCA account within 72 hours. CBEs are available for the first three papers of the ACCA Qualification, as well as for the first seven papers within the Foundations in Accountancy suite of awards.
Nataliya Vovchuk, Head of ACCA Ukraine, Baltic and Caucasus States, said: “This is a very important step on the way to establishing digital basis of education and assessment of students, giving them more options and flexibility. CBEs allow saving substantial amount of time at early stages of ACCA progression – a benefit highly valued by young ambitious professionals. ACCA’s aim is to offer best service to people of application, ability and ambition around the world who seek a rewarding career in accountancy, finance and management.”
On the picture: Grazina Startiene, Dean of Faculty of Economics and Management and Loreta Valanciene, Head of Accounting department.
About Kaunas University of Technology:
- Kaunas University of Technology – one of the largest technical university in the Baltic States. Being one of the most dynamic schools of higher education in Lithuania, KTU often becomes a research and study leader in various fields.
- The university has 13 faculties. The Faculty of Economics and Management is the largest at Kaunas University of Technology. It is not only a teaching unit, but also a training centre for professionals of economic and management. The Faculty provides internationally recognized educational and scientific activities.
- Various national and international projects together with other institutions of higher education and businesses take place at the Faculty. The institutions of higher education and businessman share their experience and assist in training future professionals. These projects aim at improving study programmes and processes, and promoting business development.
- The Faculty aims at sustaining and developing international relationship by collaborating with universities from all over the world. Since 1999 students from more than 20 institutions from all over the world have been coming to study every year by means of the international exchange programmes. Also lectures from partner university are welcome.
- Each year the Faculty with its international partners organises an international scientific conference Economics and Management. The scientists from different countries participate in inspiring discussions and share their experience and knowledge. The current trends of economics and management in business and education are being voiced in the conference.