August. International Conference on IFRS and Integrated Reporting (Kyiv. Ukraine)
On 22-23 August 2013 the first international conference “IFRS and Integrated Reporting” was held in Sevastopol, Crimea. It was co-organized by ACCA, Business Education Alliance, Institute of Financial Accountants, the National Bank of Ukraine (NBU) and NBU’s University of Banking. The event attracted more than 100 participants from Ukraine and abroad, including ACCA members, representatives of the National Bank of Ukraine, representatives of international economic organizations, top-managers of leading investment, financial, banking and business organizations, heads of chambers of commerce and associations, etc.
The aim of the event was to discuss the development of IFRS, Integrated Reporting and Corporate Social Responsibility, recent changes in IFRS and consequences of IFRS transition, tax law peculiarities, banking sector reporting, sustainable reporting, control and analysis.
Key speakers of the event were:
- Vera Rychakivska - Deputy Head of the National Bank of Ukraine
- David Woodgate - Head of the Institute of Financial Accountants (IFA, UK)
- Olena Baryshnikova - Director of Business Education Alliance, Director, Audit firm "Lex Service"
- Ruslan Kostyrko - Head of the Department of Accounting and Auditing University of Banking of the National Bank (Kyiv)
- Ludmila Snihurska - Head of Accounting Methodology banking Bank Accounting Department of the National Bank of Ukraine
- Henning Drager - IIRC Relationship Director for Russia, Ukraine, Baltic States, Belarus, Caucasus area and Scandinavia
In course of the event ACCA’s paper was presented “What do investors expect from non-financial reporting?” that recommends introduction of mandatory performance indicators for environmental, social and governance performance. The paper also calls for harmonisation of existing reporting frameworks and improving accountability for non-financial information.
On the picture: event participants.