December. BEA. Seminar Changes in IFRS (IFRS 3). NEW CONSOLIDATION RULES (Kiev. Ukraine)
The seminar “Changes in IFRS (IFRS 3). NEW CONSOLIDATION RULES” organized by Business Education Alliance, provided by Konstantin Rutkovskiy, FCCA, who professionally trains candidates for passing ACCA exams over the last 6 years, was held on December 11, 2009 in the conference hall of Hotel “Kreschatyk”, Kyiv.
The agenda of the event covered the following topics:
- The scope of IFRS 3.
- Transactions not within the scope of IFRS 3.
- Intangible assets in business combinations.
- Definition of control.
- New approach to goodwill calculation:
- Consideration transferred;
- Value of non-controlling interests;
- Fair value of identifiable assets and liabilities.
- Acquisition where control is achieved in stages:
- Valuation of previously held interests at fair value.
- Purchases and sales without change in control.
- Disposals leading to loss of control:
- Determination of the profit on disposal;
- Valuation of the remaining interest at fair value.
- Deferred tax on consolidation.