- Changes to your ACCA details
- [28/11/08] - Make sure your details are up-to-date
- Changes to the Consumer Credit Act 1974
- The Office of Fair Trading (OFT) introduced the remaining reforms to the Consumer Credit Act 1974 on 1 October 2008
- Online bookkeeping. Evolution or revolution?
- As online bookkeeping comes of age, so accountants in business and practice would do well to check out the options. This article from the April 2008 issue of Accounting & Business reviews these options.
- Business Link - Tax agents and advisers
- Business Link has added a new section to its website designed specifically for tax agents and advisers. It was developed jointly with HMRC and can be found at:
- New guidance on letters of engagement for tax practitioners
- New guidance on engagement letters for tax practitioners has been published.
- Employment status
- [17/11/08] - HMRC guidance to help a business decide whether a worker should be classified as employed or self employed
- Financial Services Compensation Scheme
- In the current economic climate, clients may have concerns about the security of their bank deposits. This explains what protection is available and suggestS safeguards that might be implemented
- Guide to coping with the falling pound
- [19/11/08] - ACCA's guide to coping with the falling pound. 10 measures SMEs might implement to help cut their losses