- VAT Appeal Updates
- Details of appeal cases won or lost for tax advisers and other interested parties.
- VAT – Electronic Cross Border Refund Scheme
- [17/12/10] Deadline for submitting EU cross border VAT refunds extended.
- Submitting your VAT return online update
- [13/08/10] - Submitting your VAT return online became compulsory from 1 April 2010.
- HMRC Online Agent Demos/New requirement for Online Filing of VAT Returns
- [18/03/10] - HMRC have produced online filing demos for agents, to illustrate their online services.
- VAT package 2010
- [08/02/10] - A summary of the changes following 1 January 2010
- Guide To...VAT - the change in the standard rate
- [25/06/10] - Following the Chancellor's announcement that the standard rate of VAT will be reduced to 15% on 1 December 2008, ACCA has prepared a guide to help members and their clients fully understand the changes.
- VAT is moving online – effective 1 April 2010
- [30/03/10] - Details of the new requirements to file VAT returns online and pay electronically from 1 April 2010.
- Guidance from HMRC on record-keeping
- [29/03/10] - HMRC has issued guidance on Record-keeping in light of the requirements under Finance Act 2008, Schedule 37.
- Changes to time limits for tax claims and assessment
- [18/03/10] - As part of HMRC's new compliance regime, the time limits for making tax claims (e.g. error or mistake claims) and raising assessments have been aligned IT, CGT, CT, VAT, PAYE and NIC.
- Lennartz case
- [11/02/10] - A look at the important principle of accounting for VAT on assets used privately
- The New Penalty Regime and Reasonable Care
- [20/01/10] - Guidance on the important concept of reasonable care under the new HMRC compliance regime.