HMRC Telephone Service
HMRC has published guidance on the most “efficient” ways for agents to contact them.
We have been made aware of instance of unsatisfactory call-handling on the part of HMRC, with agents/taxpayers often having to follow a long automated menu sequence, only to be advised at the end of it that there is nobody available to deal with the call. ACCA would like to hear from any members who experience unsatisfactory call-handling by HMRC so that, if necessary, we can take the matter up with HMRC on behalf of our members.
If you experience any instances of unsatisfactory service levels from HMRC call-handlers, please email the following details to firstname.lastname@example.org :
• Your name and membership number;
• The subject matter of the call;
• The number and department called;
• The approximate time of the call from start to finish;
• Details of why you are unhappy, giving as much detail as possible.