- Residence and Domicile
- [14/11/09] - A case looking at company residence
- Crown dependencies
- [04/11/09] - Guernsey drops zero-ten corporate tax regime and IOM conducts public consultation
- Withdrawal of 10 Extra Statutory Concessions
- [15/10/09] - HMRC has identified 10 ESCs that will be withdrawn
- The new compliance regime
- [24/09/09] - Penalties, record-keeping, compliance checks and HMRC Powers Taxpayer safeguards
- New penalties and appeals regime
- [24/09/09] - A collection of resources from ACCA UK looking at the new penalties and appeals regime.
- Keeping safe online
- [30/06/09] - HMRC publish new online security guidance.
- Advance thin capitalisation agreements
- [22/01/09] - Revenue and Customs Brief 01/09 on the process for entering into advance thin capitalisation agreements.
- Employer-provided medical check-ups
- [22/01/09] - Employees will be exempt from tax and NIC on employer-provided medical check-ups.
- Tax: Why it Pays to be Organised
- [01/01/2009] - A new system of penalties for errors and omissions on tax returns has been introduced by HM Revenue & Customs (HMRC). Although the penalties themselves won’t be levied until after 1 April 2009, you need to act now to help your clients get organised and avoid a potential penalty.