Auditing Practice Board Ethical Standards
Ethical Standards (ESs) contain basic principles and essential procedures together with related guidance in the form of explanatory and other material. ES 1 to 5 cover the integrity, objectivity and independence for auditors and apply in the audit of financial statements for periods commencing on or after 15 December 2004. Revised Ethical Standards were issued in April 2008 and have become effective for audits of financial statements for periods commencing on or after 6 April 2008.
The Provisions Available for Small Entities sets out alternative ethical rules for the audit of entity qualifying as small that are applicable to the audit of financial statements for periods commencing on or after 15 December 2004. Revised Provisions Available for Small Entities were issued in April 2008 and apply for periods commencing on or after 6 April 2008.
Listed below are the APB ethical standards currently in force can be accessed by logging in to the ACCA's Knowledge Library or by accessing the Publications section of the Auditing Practices Board's website
- ES 1 (revised) - Integrity, objectivity and independence
- ES 2 (revised) - Financial, business, employment and personal relationships
- ES 3 (revised) - Long association with the audit engagement
- ES 4 (revised) - Fees, remuneration and evaluation policies, litigation, gifts and hospitality
- ES 5 (revised) - Non-audit services provided to audit clients.