- Important information regarding ACCA Consumer Credit Group Licence
- [23/07/2013] Responsibility for regulating consumer credit will be transferred from the Office of Fair Trading (OFT) to the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA) from 1 April 2014.
- Enterprise Finance Guarantee (EFG)
- [30/05/2013] Access details of the Enterprise Finance Guarantee Scheme here.
- Get ready for the Jackson Reforms
- [28/11/2013] Practical steps that businesses can take to protect themselves from personal injury claims.
- Computer use policies
- Data Protection
- Data Protection - current position and future changes
- [20/05/2013] An update on current data protection legislation and future development.
- Intellectual Property
- [15/02/2013] New guidance available from the Intellectual Property Office aimed at demystifying intellectual property.
- Intellectual Property Bill
- [21/06/2013] The Intellectual Property Bill proposes changes that help clarify the protection that is available to owners of intellectual property.
- Pension scheme trustees’ duties and responsibilities
- [29/01/2012] Summarising the duties and responsibilities of pension scheme trustees.
- [30 May 2013] The Intellectual Property Office (IPO) has made available a short note that aims to clarify the impact of the Enterprise and Regulatory Reform Act 2013 on copyright.
- New Factsheet: Pension Scheme Trustees Duties and Responsibilities
- [20/05/2013] A new ACCA technical factsheet looking at the duties and responsibilities of a trustee of a pension scheme will be available at the end of the month.
- 'Superfast' patent service
- [30/05/2013] The Intellectual Property Office (IPO) has issued a consultation to introduce a “superfast” patent processing service.
- Credit unions - Engagement Letters
- [30/05/2013] Credit unions should change letters and emails to reflect the change in authorising body brought about by the Financial Services Act 2012.
- Cyber Security
- [30/05/2013] The Department for Business, Innovation and Skills has published a short guide called Small businesses: What you need to know about cyber security.
- Community interest companies
- [28/10/2013] How to establish and run a successful community interest company.
- Get ready for the new data protection rules
- [21/01/2013] A guide to the proposed tightening of data protection rules.
- Mutual Societies - Engagement Letters
- [30/05/2013] Engagement letters should be updated for societies registered under the Friendly Societies Act 1974 and/or under the Industrial and Provident Societies Act 1965, and for credit unions to reflect the change brought about by the Financial Services Act 2012.
- Solicitors Regulation Authority (SRA)
- [29/05/2013] Details of Solicitors Rugulation Authority (SRA) consultation and rule changes.
- Professional PrivIlege
- [18/02/2013] Professional privilege not to extend to accountants following Prudential case.
- Trade Secrets
- [30/05/2013] The Intellectual Property Office (IPO) publishes a monthly update called IP Insight.
- Financial Services Act 2012
- [24/04/2013] Financial Services Act 2012 came into force from 1 April 2013. It is part of the strengthening of the financial regulatory structure in the UK.
- Pension Scheme Trustees' Duties and Responsibilities
- [06/12/12] A brief summary of the main duties and responsibilities for trustees of pension schemes.
- Consumer Protection (Distance Selling) Regulations 2000 (DSRs)
- [20/06/2012] Details of the Consumer Protection (Distance Selling) Regulations 2000 (DSRs).
- The Cancellation of Contracts made in a Consumer's Home or Place of Work etc. Regulations 2008
- [20/06/2012] Details of The Cancellation of Contracts made in a Consumer's Home or Place of Work etc. Regulations 2008 which came into force on 1 October 2008.
- Charities Employment and The Equality Act
- [06/06/2011] The Charity Commission will issue full guidance on the Equality Act shortly.
- Red Tape
- [25/05/2011] The Cabinet Office has a website that lists and asks for comments on regulations.
- Equality Act guidance
- [01/07/2011] Guidance on the Equality Act, which came into force last October.
- Pensions Bill 2011 – summary of the main measures
- [30/08/11] A summary of the main changes introduced by the Pensions Bill 2011.
- Code for Leasing Business Premises
- A voluntary code for Leasing Business Premises in England and Wales 2007 has been issued, following collaboration between commercial property professionals and industry bodies representing both owners and occupiers.
- Changes to the Consumer Credit Act 1974
- The Office of Fair Trading (OFT) introduced the remaining reforms to the Consumer Credit Act 1974 on 1 October 2008
- Bankruptcy and Diligence etc. (Scotland) Act 2007
- Guidance on those parts of the Bankruptcy and Diligence etc. (Scotland) Act 2007 that commenced on 1 April 2008.