- Employment Law factsheets
- [24/04/2013] The ACCA suite of Employment Law factsheets have been updated to reflect recent case law.
- National Employment Savings Trust - NEST
- [28/02/2013] NEST is a new pension scheme set up by Government that can be used by any employer to meet their workplace duties regarding making pension contributions for their workers. Find out more here.
- Employment law technical factsheets updated
- [08/05/2013] ACCA’s suite of employment law technical factsheets has been updated to reflect recent case law.
- Pension Auto-Enrolment - Know Your Clients Staging Dates
- [16/01/2013] The Pensions Regulator has identified seven steps that employers should follow as they prepare for automatic enrolment.
- Age Discrimination
- [16/01/2013] Guidance on Age Discrimination.
- Parental Leave
- [02/03/2012] UK opts for an additional year's grace from implementing EU Parental Leave Directive.
- Workplace pension reform - Vodcast
- [25/04/2012] All businesses with one employee or more will be required to automatically enrol eligible jobholders into a pension scheme and contribute to that individual’s pension. This major change is coming soon.
- Workplace pensions reform: preparing for automatic enrolment
- [09/03/2012] Guidance from the Pensions Regulator on preparing for employers' automatic pension enrolment.
- Employment Law
- [29/02/2012] Details of increases in the limits for unfair dismissal
- Employers' Mandatory Pension Registration
- [18 January 2012] Details of mandatory pension registration for employers from 2013.
- UK Border Agency - illegal working
- [25 June 2012] The UK Border Agency has updated its guidance for employers on preventing illegal working.
- Employment Law - Calls for Evidence
- [01/12/2011] The government is looking to simplify certain elements of the employment legislation and is seeking "calls for evidence" is to support its review.
- Charity Commission guidance on the Equality Act
- [06/10/2011] The Charity Commission has issued guidance that explains the rule in the Equality Act 2010 which allows a charity to discriminate by limiting the group of people it helps.
- Updated factsheets 147-156
- [13/01/10] - Factsheets 147-156 on employment law have been updated to take into account legislative changes as of November 2009.
- Employment Issues
- [10/02/10] - Updates on the national minimum wage, holiday entitlement, sick pay and late night travel.
- Legislative Changes Effective 1 October 2009
- [22/10/09] - Information on changes to national minimum wage, tips and the national minimum wage, data protection registration fees, maximum weekly amount for calculating unfair dismissal compensation and implementation of final sections of Companies Act 2006.
- In focus: flexible working
- [15/10/09] - In focus: flexible working is a guide which explores the key considerations and implications of flexible working for both the employer and the employee.
- Employment status
- [17/11/08] - HMRC guidance to help a business decide whether a worker should be classified as employed or self employed