- Company Buy-Back of Own Shares - Change in Legislation
- [21/05/2013] Following the Nuttall review, there have been changes to Companies act 2006 regarding company buy-back of own shares.
- Non-executives directors - Conflicts of interest
- [25/06/2013] A recent case reported and commented on by the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA) highlights the duty of non-executive directors (NEDs) to avoid conflicts of interest.
- XBRL and new UK GAAP
- [29/10/2013] How financial statements prepared under the new financial reporting standards will be submitted in XBRL format.
- Remuneration Consultation
- [04/11/2013] The FRC have issued a consultation on executive pay changes to amend the UK Corporate Governance Code.
- Company articles
- [30/05/2013] Change to model articles of association to reflect change implemented by Mental Health (Discrimination) Act 2013.
- Companies House Penalties
- [31/10/2013] A link to Companies' House table of penalties.
- New rules on share buy backs and treasury shares
- [02/07/2013] Rules simplified to stimulate employee ownership.
- Directors’ remuneration disclosure changes
- [28/10/2013] There have been changes in regard to the disclosure requirements of directors’ remuneration.
- Personal liability for a company's debt
- [09/03/2012] Roder UK Ltd v A.J West and D.M. Phillips (2011) EWCA Civ 1126
- Directors’ duties: what you need to know
- [24/10/2012] New businesses often require advice on the role of directories. This handy summary will help.
- Companies House Fees
- [06/06/2011] New Companies House Fees
- BERR Leaflet on the Companies Act 2006
- BERR (Department for Business Enterprise and Regulatory Reform) has published a leaflet to keep members and clients up to date on developments surrounding the Companies Act 2006.
- Companies Act 2006
- Your guide to the Companies Act 2006.
- Update on recent law issues
- [17/12/10] A summary of recent legal issues of interest to accountants.
- Companies Act 2006: BERR Timetable of Commencement Dates
- BERR (Department for Business Enterprise, Regulation and Reform) has issued a timetable of commencement dates relating to the Companies Act 2006.
- Companies Act 2006
- ACCA UK's guide to the latest developments with the Companies Act 2006