- Model LLP Accounts
- [14/05/2011] ACCA has produced a set of model LLP accounts for members. Find further details here.
- Simpler income tax system for the simplest small businesses II
- [15/02/2013] HMRC has published draft legislation which includes the transitional rules for the cash basis and simplified expenses rules for small businesses.
- Knowledgeable about IFRS for SMEs?
- [11/09/2013] Why ACCA’s CertIFRS for SMEs could benefit your business.
- Simpler income tax system for the simplest small businesses
- [15/02/2013] From the 2013/14 tax year, self employed individuals or partnerships carrying on the smallest trading businesses will be able to choose to be taxed on the basis of cash receipts less cash payments.
- Changes are coming with FRSSE 2015
- [15/10/2013] The new UK GAAP framework, which becomes mandatory from 1 January 2015, retains a modified version of the FRSSE as the single standard applicable by small entities.
- Guide to...consolidated accounts
- [15/03/09] - ACCA UK has produced two 'Guides To...Consolidated Accounts' for ACCA members and their clients.
- FRSSE 2008
- [15/09/09] - The updated FRSSE may be used by small entities for accounting periods beginning on or after 6 April 2008.
- Disclosures in Company Accounts
- [12/10/09] - Disclosures in Company Accounts Referring to Companies Act 1985/2006 and either FRSSE (effective January 2007) or FRSSE (effective April 2008)
- The Financial Reporting Standards for Smaller Entities (FRSSE): Going Concern and Financial Reporting
- [10/03/09] - The Financial Reporting Council (FRC) has issued guidance to update directors of small companies on assessing going concern. This guide looks at the use of a short note that can be used to explain how the current economic conditions impact on the company. It is aimed at users who prepare accounts under the FRSSE.
- Model FRSSE 2008 Accounts
- [01/01/09] - ACCA has developed a number of tools to assist practitioners who advise small company directors.
- Small and Medium Sized Company Limits Increased
- [03/04/08] - The limits for small and medium sized companies and audit exemption have increased.
- Small Companies' Exemption from Audit under the Companies Act 2006
- [03/04/08] - Guidance on the conditions surrounding small companies' exemption from audit under the Companies Act 2006, including worked examples.
- [01/01/08] - On 23 March 2006 the Professional Oversight Board (POB) called for 'increased clarity over how professional accountants support small and medium-sized companies and users of their accounts and agrees measures aimed at improving the quality of financial accounts prepared with the assistance of professional accountants'
- Practice Note 26 - Guidance on Smaller Entity Audit Documentation
- [01/01/08] - Understanding Practice Note 26 - Guidance on Smaller Entity Audit Documentation.