- Charity Commission publishes new strategy on combating fraud
- [The Charity Commission is calling for charities to better protect themselves against fraud and financial crime.
- Charities Act 2011 - An Update
- [27/02/2012] The Charities Act 2011 consolidates previous charity legislation into a single comprehensive Act. The implementation date of the Charities Act 2011 is 14 March 2012.
- OSCR Trustees general duties and good governanace checklist
- [19/09/2012] Charity law in Scotland imposes four general duties on charity trustees and have recently produced a good governance checklist.
- Charity Trustees' Reporting
- [18/09/2012] Trustees have an obligation to report serious incidents or other matters relating to their charity. This should be done when the incident occurs but can also be brought to the Charity Commission’s attention when submitting the annual report. See guidance here.
- Guidance on Accounting and Audit thresholds for charities in the UK and Rebublic of Ireland.
- [20/09/2012] The Charity Commission has produced a summary of accounting and audit thresholds for charities in UK and Republic of Ireland.
- Implementation of Charities Act 2011
- [16/03/2012] The Charities Act 2011 comes into force on 14 March 2012 and consolidates previous charities legislation into a single Act.
- Taking a look under the bonnet - a trustee check on internal financial controls
- [20/09/2012] Nigel Davies, Accountancy Policy Team, Charity Commission, suggests now might be a good time to review your charity’s internal financial controls
- Charities – fraud
- [25/06/2012] The Charity Commission has updated its guidance on trustee duties to protect charities from fraud and financial abuse.
- Charity Commission updates guidance on internal financial controls (CC8)
- [15/10/2012] Nigel Davies suggests now might be a good time to review your charity or charity client’s financial controls.
- Gift Aid - An update
- [25/06/2012] HMRC issues new form R68(i) - Gift Aid and tax repayment claims form, which replaced all previous versions of this claim form.