- Changes to audit exemptions
- [22/10/2012] 1 October 2012 sees some significant changes to audit exemptions.
- Accountants and limited liability
- [22/10/2012] How to limit your liability in respect of limited liability companies.
- Changes to audit exemption threshold from 1 October 2012
- [11/09/2012] The Government’s response to the consultation on Audit Exemptions and Change of Accounting Framework confirms plans to relax the audit exemption threshold for accounting periods ending on or after 1 October 2012.
- Invitation to comment (ITC) on improvements to auditor reporting
- [03/08/2012] The invitation to comment on the IAASB's suggested improvements to audit reporting is open until 8 October 2012.
- Financial Reporting Council’s website overhauled
- [31/08/2012] The FRC website has been the subject of a major overhaul. Find links to accounting and auditing standards here.
- All change: Financial Reporting Council reformed
- [31/08/2012] On 2 July the structure and functions of the Financial Reporting Council (FRC) changed conspicuously following parliamentary approval of its proposed reform.
- RBS/Natwest bank audit letters
- [03/08/2012] Guidance on audit bank letters following system problems.
- Going concern – final recommendations of the Sharman Inquiry
- [29/06/2012] Your guide to likely changes to going concern assessment and reporting requirements resulting from the Sharman Inquiry.
- Bank letters procedures –your feedback
- [27/06/2012] Comments sought on the cyrrrent bank letter procedures.
- Disclosure of remuneration for non-audit services
- [20/03/2012] An update on the disclosure of auditor remuneration regulations, including details of a revised ‘schedule 2’.
- Limiting liability clauses
- [13/03/2012] Karen Brown, a Chartered Insurance Broker and vice president of Lockton Companies LLP offers advice on
- Going Concern - Who is Responsible
- [09/03/2012] Guidance on going concern.
- Bank Audit Letter Requests - A Reminder
- [28/02/2012] Clarified (UK and Ireland) ISA 330 The auditor’s responses to assessed risks requires the auditor to consider whether external confirmations procedures should be performed as substantive audit procedures.