Institute of Business Consulting
The Institute of Business Consulting is the professional body for all business consultants. Designed to raise standards of professional practice in support of better business performance, the Institute provides a development path for individuals, supported by high quality resources and a recognised qualification and award route, which includes the Certified Management Consultant (CMC®) Award.
The Institute aims to become the voice of the profession, by providing a recognised career and development path through its delivery of qualifications and membership. It is also working with clients to improve the perception of business consulting among the purchasing community.
Members of ACCA currently working in the consultancy field are exempt from the joining fee of £45 (please quote code 2870), and can become a Member of the Institute the following grades: Associate, Member or Fellow. You can match your skills and experience against the appropriate grade by visiting the Institute of Business Consulting website
This entitles members to a range of services, including:
- a high level of networking within the business consulting community, sharing knowledge and best practice, including access to free and reduced rate entrance to events
- signal your commitment to maintaining professional standards within business consulting and be recognised for your competence and professionalism, by adhering to the Institute's 'Code of Professional Conduct and Practice'
- access to one of the Management Information Centre, one of Europe's largest consultancy information centres with researchers available face-to-face, via email or over the telephone
- access to the Institute's Body of Knowledge, online Continuing Professional Development (CPD) service
- Tender Alert service to increase your business opportunities
The Institute of Business Consulting has developed a portfolio of training options which ACCA Members are eligible to attend at the discounted rates. IBC training courses include:
- Networking skills workshop - 1 day interactive training
- Masters of the universe - 1 day training course for newcomers to consulting
- Consulting your way through recession: how to set-up your own consultancy - a practical workshop
- How to write a winning bid: 2 day tender skills workshop
- Discover the consultant within you: 1-day workshop for experienced managers planning to become consultants
- The engagement of consultants: a senior masterclass for procurement professionals
For further information on services offered and how to join the Institute of Business Consulting please visit the Institute of Business Consulting website