Tax investigations (fee protection) insurance
Abbey Tax is the UK's leading provider of Professional Expenses Insurance (PEI) to the accountancy profession. Their experience and expertise means they are able to provide ACCA members with the right cover at competitive prices.
A vital part of their success is due to their exceptional service standards. Therefore a dedicated service team will be on hand to assist with all your requirements. Furthermore their innovative online system reduces the administration of your scheme and allows you to manage your client list more efficiently.
Their tailored schemes ensure you have the most appropriate level of cover for your practice and their focus will be on enhancing the profitability and efficiency of your PEI scheme.
Scheme benefits include:
• Tailor-made packages, your scheme can include all standard HMRC enquiries, aspect enquiries and schedule 36 enquiries
• An additional profit stream for your practice
• Excellent administrative systems to improve your scheme
• Exceptional service through your own personal dedicated team
• Free quarterly newsletter 'Tax Times'
• Improved client retention and acquisition
• Unlimited free access to Tax & VAT advisory experts
• 24 hr access to a Business Legal Helpline for you and your clients
• Free updates on industry news and developments
• Marketing support to enhance your scheme
In the past, many accountancy firms have been unable to offer Fee Protection to their clients due to minimum order values or because only a few of their clients wish to subscribe. Abbey Tax has resolved this issue with the launch of their new Tax Start scheme which has no minimum order value. All you need to do is invite your clients to subscribe, register those who join (even if it is only one client) and pay Abbey Tax.
Tax Start offers comprehensive protection for your clients and includes cover for aspect enquiries and HMRC's new Schedule 36 'interventions'. You will also receive access, based on the number of clients subscribing to your scheme, to Abbey's extensive Tax & VAT Helpline facility.
More information about Tax Start can be found in the Related Documents section on the left hand side of this webpage. In order to benefit from Tax Start just complete the simple Practice Profile Document and you will be sent everything you need to set up your scheme and register your clients. You will note that that there are certain conditions that your practice must meet in order to benefit from Tax Start, one being your charge out rates must not exceed £85 per hour. If you do not meet the criteria for Tax Start, Abbey Tax will be delighted to offer you an alternative fee protection package which will still offer all of the benefits at excellent rates.