ACCA is always looking at new, innovative ways of delivering information to our members, which is why we’ve started to develop podcasts and vodcasts.
A podcast is an audio recording in different digital formats such as MP3, MP4 and WAV. There are different ways of accessing these files. You can listen to them live from over the internet, also known as ‘streaming’. You can also download the files onto your computer to listen to at a later date or transfer them to an MP3 player. Finally you can subscribe to podcasts so that they are automatically downloaded onto your computer.
A vodcast is similar to a podcast only it also includes a video clip. The word ‘vodcasts’ simply means ‘video podcast’.
ACCA recognises that your time is precious and we hope that by using this medium you can get the information you want in the quickest and easiest format, usually under 15 minutes. You may not have the time to physically attend update presentations so instead you can watch them at a time convenient for you. You can also pass this information directly onto your clients and colleagues so that they too can benefit from this information.
Simply click on the links provided to watch/listen through your computer
- Workplace pensions reform
- Auto-enrolment will come into effect in October 2012. All businesses with one employee or more will be required to automatically enrol eligible jobholders into a pension scheme and contribute to that individual’s pension.
- Growth and exports podcast
- A series looking at the key issues that organisations face when it comes to growth and exporting. Focusing on the need for expansion into new markets.
- Knowing Your Client's Business
- In the final of a series of short podcasts on commercial skills, Ken Norman and Tim Lyon of New Tricks Training Ltd discuss why we need information about clients and what we should use the information for. Understanding clients equals mutual opportunity.
- Managing Ongoing Relationships
- In the third of a series of short podcasts on commercial skills, Ken Norman and Tim Lyon of New Tricks Training Ltd discuss how to manage ongoing relationships - create productive clients by managing the relationship.
- Protect Your Price
- In the second of a series of short podcasts on commercial skills, Ken Norman and Tim Lyon of New Tricks Training Ltd discuss how to protect your price. Don't let your clients haggle with you - negotiate with them.
- Reporting Issues for Charities
- ACCA in partnership with the Charity Commission have developed a podcast focusing on the key reporting issues facing Charities in the UK.
- Sell Yourself - Sell your Business
- In the first of a series of short podcasts on commercial skills, Ken Norman and Tim Lyon of New Tricks Training Ltd discuss how to sell yourself, your firm and your services to potential clients.
- PAYE penalties podcast
- HMRC talks to ACCA on the introduction of the new late payment penalties system.