Accounting and book keeping - 160107 - Faisalabad
With the motive to provide quality accountancy training ACCA Pakistan jointly organized a workshop on Accounting and book keeping with SMEDA and Faisalabad Chamber of Commerce and Industries on 16 January 2007 at the seminar room of FCCI. T he president of FCCI, Mr. Muhammad Ayub Sabir, was also present in the opening session. The workshop was attended by over thirty five participants.
The Trainer, Mr. Malik Mirza ACCA, covered the following areas in the workshop:
- Overview of the workshop and Issues of participants
- Why book keeping? Benefits to the owner of business
- Basic concepts of book keeping including working capital cycle management, sources of cash, basic elements of balance sheet and profit and loss account and understanding cash flows of business etc.
- Types of records which should be maintained by small business and detailed discussion on basic concepts and themes
How to prepare
- Basic balance sheet
- Basic cash flow statement
- Basic profit and loss account
Discussion on working capital management
- Case studies / practice to prepare the above statements
- Access to finance: Do you need it? (Based on financial statements of your business)
- Ratio and trend analysis
The workshop was very well received by the participants. Various exercises and questions were given to the participants by the trainer to enhance their practical approach towards accounting and bookkeeping.