Shared Services Technical Resource
This page is designed to bring together all of the technical information available to ACCA members that is relevant to accountants working in a Shared Services Centre. The micro-site is a work in progress and will be added to and additional technical material developed as requested by members in this sector.
Converting to IFRS
- Diploma in IFRS
- US to IFRS GAAP similarities and differences
- IFRS summaries of the standards
- IFRS online learning
- The future of UK GAAP and the planned demise of UK GAAP and conversion to IFRS
- IFRS for SME - what will the numbers look like after UK GAAP is gone
Specific accounting areas relevant to SSCs
- IFRS 9
- IFRS 9: Financial Instruments (replacement of IAS 39)
- IAS 39, Financial Instruments I and II
- Financial Instruments article
Employment Law and Issues
ACCA has a series of factsheets, including factsheets on employment law on topics such as Retirement, Redundancy, Unlawful discrimination, Disciplinary and dismissal, Managing performance and Dealing with Sickness etc...
- CPD on the go through your media player on a diverse range of topics from "Aligning Internal Audit with Other Assurance Functions" to "Procurement and Commissioning".
Member should be aware that within the student section of the web site there are numerous student article and past exam papers and answers with worked examples. Some material commonalty assessed by members includes