ACCA members and affiliates are invited to roundtable on “Capital markets in emerging and frontier economies”. The event will take place on February 7, 2013, 9.30 – 12.00, in the Blue Conference Hall at Ukrinform, 8/16 B.Khmelnytskogo Street, Kyiv, Ukraine.
ACCA has recently released its report on strengthening capital markets in developing countries, The Rise of capital markets in emerging and frontier economies. To support publication of this report, ACCA would like to invite you to a roundtable discussion. The purpose of this event is to provide a platform for discussion and debate on the key issues identified in the report and to provide leading businesses and researchers with an opportunity to share their experiences on some of the issues raised.
The discussion will be led by key representatives of business, international organisations, policymakers, researchers, academic institutions and economists. Among the discussants are:
- Alex Kutsenko, Regional Officer for Eurasia, USAID Partners for Financial Stability. Alex is a financial sector expert. He has been involved in financial sector development since 1995, having worked on USAID's banking supervision project at the National Bank of Ukraine. He has particular expertise in the area of bank accounting training.
- Yaroslav Golovko, President, Kyiv Business School. Yaroslav has expertise in business education and investment areas. He is the Board member of the European Federation of Financial Analysts Societies, Chairman of the Ukrainian Society of Financial Analysts, and a corresponding member of the International Personnel Academy.
- Vitaliy Kravchuk, Senior Research Fellow, Institute for Economic Reforms and Policy Consulting. Vitaliy is an expert in monetary and exchange rate policy and inflation. He has near 60 research publications in the field of macroeconomics, international economics, monetary policy and financial markets, fiscal and social policy.
- Nataliya Vovchuk, Head of ACCA Ukraine, Baltic and Caucasus States. Nataliya has over 15 years of experience in the field of education for financial professionals. Nataliya has previously worked as project coordinator for various international projects in the CIS and the EU, in course of her career with KPMG / Barents Group LLC, the National Center for Training of Bank Personnel of Ukraine, International Business and Technical Consultants Inc., Russian Collegium of Auditors.
- Henning Drager, Director of Sustainability, BDO Ukraine. He is also representing the International Integrated Reporting Committee (IIRC) in Ukraine, Russia and the Caucasus region. Henning is responsible for providing sustainability solutions for Ukrainian businesses including carbon management, energy efficiency plans, renewable energy investment, sustainability KPIs, performance benchmarks, audit of non-financial reports and corporate governance structuring pre- and post IPO.
Attached to this letter is a summary of the issues identified in ACCA’s report on capital markets.
Should you feel interested in participating in the event, please confirm your attendance via form at bit.ly/VVIMSw by February 1, 2013
By attending this event you will gain 2 verifiable CPD units.
Please note that places are limited and registration will be on the first come first serve basis.
You can find brief description of our research on capital markets in the Related Documets box to the left of this page.
We look forward to seeing you at the event!