ACCA joins 1 Million Women Campaign
ACCA is pleased to announce that Michaela Campbell, Head of ACCA Australia & New Zealand, has been appointed an ambassador for 1 Million Women Campaign. ACCA has been contributing to the sustainability debate, with the overall aim of promoting transparency and responsible business practices around the world. ACCA has been closely involved in:
- promoting and rewarding transparency both through the ACCA Awards for Sustainability Reporting and by supporting the GRI Readers’ Choice Awards
- the evolution and launch of the Global Reporting Initiative (GRI) framework
- the emerging trends in reporting and assurance, including integrated disclosures in annual reporting, different communication methods, e-reporting
- the development of carbon accounting and reporting standards
- government consultations on sustainability related issues
- lobbying for the transition to a low carbon economy
- the move towards mandatory reporting
- the evolution of social accounting practices
ACCA partnership with 1 Million Women campaign aims to engage, empower and motivate women to take practical action on climate change.
The 1 Million Women goal is simple – to inspire 1 million women of Australia to each cut 1 tonne of pollution causing dangerous climate change from their daily lives within a year of joining the campaign.
You don’t have to be an expert on climate change to participate. The 1 Million Women website www.1millionwomen.com.au will guide you with ways to cut pollution - in your home, on food, on transport, flights, when shopping and with renewable energy.
It’s free for women to join the campaign.
Join now at www.1millionwomen.com.au and commit to start cutting pollution today.