Nominations are now open for ACCA members to be elected to the 2010 ACCA Australia & New Zealand Network Panel
ACCA is now accepting nominations for ACCA members resident in Australia and New Zealand to be elected to the 2010 ACCA Australia and New Zealand Network Panel (hereafter referred to as "The Panel").
The Panel represents the interests of all network members for both Australia and New Zealand and acts in an advisory capacity to ACCA's management team. Each Panel member provides advice on the strategic plans being implemented by ACCA. The Panel meets on a quarterly basis with ACCA's management team via a combination of teleconferences and face-to-face meetings in Sydney, Australia.
The Panel is one of many opportunities for our network members to become actively involved in our current and future initiatives and to provide a voice for members interests.
We encourage all network members to play an active role in the nomination and election process for the Panel.
COMPOSITION OF THE PANEL
The composition of the Panel reflects the geographical distribution of the network members and therefore;
- 3 Panel members will be drawn from network members resident in New South Wales and/or the Australian Capital Territory*
- 2 Panel members will be drawn from network members resident in New Zealand
- 1 Panel member will be drawn from network members resident in Queensland and/or the Northern Territory
- 1 Panel member will be drawn from network members resident in South Australia**
- 2 Panel members will be drawn from network members resident in Victoria and/or Tasmania
- 1 Panel member will be drawn from network members resident in Western Australia.
Under the network rules, the current Chair and Vice Chair for the ACCA Australia & New Zealand Network Panel 2009 are automatically elected to the ACCA Australia & New Zealand Network Panel 2010. Therefore:
* Isabelle Li who is the current Chair and represents the region of New South Wales and/or the Australian Capital Territory will be automatically elected at the 2010 Annual General Meeting (2010 AGM) for ACCA Australia & New Zealand Network. As a result, only 2 panel members will be drawn from network members resident in New South Wales and/or the Australian Capital Territory this year.
**Mike Dixon who is the current Vice Chair and represents the region of South Australia will be automatically elected at the 2010 AGM. As a result, there will not be a nomination and election process for South Australia this year.
1. Confirm eligibility for nomination
The following criteria applies to all nominations.
- Each nominee must have the support of two or more network members. Please note that a network member may also nominate himself or herself for election to the Panel but cannot be one of the two nominating signatories for their own nomination
- The nominee and any network member that supports their nomination must be qualified ACCA members in good standing
- The registered address with ACCA for both the nominee and the nominating members must be in the same region.
2. Complete the nomination form
Each nomination should include a completed copy of the nomination form and an accompanying resume for the nominee. The resume should be no longer than 250 words. Please deliver the nomination form and resume to the Head of ACCA Australia & New Zealand no later than 5.00pm AEST on Monday 1 March 2010. You can submit a nomination via one of the following methods.
Fax +61 2 8245 0211
Mail or in person ACCA, Suite 402, 68 York Street, Sydney NSW 2000
Click here to open the nomination form. Please contact our office if you cannot open this link.
All nominees must sign a copy of the Code of Practice for the ACCA Australia & New Zealand Network Panel. A copy of the Code of Practice will be sent to each nominated member no later than Thursday 4 March 2010.
3. Distribution of voting forms
ACCA Australia & New Zealand will inform all network members of nominations received for their respective region on Monday 22 March 2010. In addition, a voting form will be distributed to all network members for any region that is subject to a contested election on Monday 22 March 2010.
All network members are entitled to vote for one member representing their own region.
4. Completion of ballot voting
All ballot votes sent by post, facsimile or email for any contested elections must be received by the Head of ACCA Australia & New Zealand before 5.00pm AEST on Monday 26 April 2010.
An external scrutineer will be appointed to count the ballot votes. A summary of ballot votes will be provided to all nominees on Wednesday 28 April 2010.
5. Election of Panel Members
All Panel members will be formally elected to the Panel at the 2010 AGM for the ACCA Australia and New Zealand Network. All network members who have not submitted a ballot vote are entitled to vote for one member, who represents their region, by a show of hands and in person at the AGM.
The 2010 AGM will be held on Friday 7 May 2010. The AGM will be hosted at ACCA's office, which is situated at Suite 402, 68 York Street, Sydney NSW 2000 Australia.
A notice for the 2010 AGM will be sent in due course.
Additional information about the Panel and/or to obtain a copy of the network rules for the ACCA Australia & New Zealand Network can be accessed by the following channels.
Alternatively, if you would like to discuss the Panel and/or any other issues relating to ACCA in Australia and New Zealand, please feel free to contact me on +61 2 8245 0222.
Wishing you all the best for 2010.
HEAD OF ACCA AUSTRALIA & NEW ZEALAND