ACCA UAE calls for students to become ambassadors of its work with universities
A student ambassador programme has been launched by ACCA in the United Arab Emirates, to strengthen links between the accountancy body and the universities’ student bodies.
Finance and accountancy undergraduates have been urged by ACCA to consider acting as student ambassadors on its behalf, talking to their universities’ student bodies about its activities in the UAE.
Becoming a student ambassador may also give individuals the opportunity to network with industry professionals, to gain insight into working in finance.
There are a range of other potential benefits for ambassadors, including:
- The ambassador’s profile being put on the ACCA Careers website
- His/her profile on the ACCAME website
- Recognition on the ACCA Middle East Facebook page
- Access to local ACCA student events
- Opportunity to meet and network with other student ambassadors, share ideas and exchange advice
- Communication, teambuilding and professional skills building
- Ambassadors being presented with a certificate of appreciation upon successful completion of position responsibilities.
Ahmad Darwish ACCA, Chairman of ACCA’s Members Advisory Committee (MAC) in the UAE, and the first student ambassador in the Middle East, said : “We are delighted to support the Student Ambassador initiative which will enable us to ensure that we have an even more effective dialogue with young people who wish to pursue a rewarding career in finance.“The ambassadors will not only be able to share ACCA’s vision with students in the region, but will also be able to respond to their questions as well as raise issues with ACCA to ensure that we respond directly to the matters that are of primary concern to those who aspire to be finance professionals. They will also be able to share success stories and to highlight the amazing array of options available to those who pursue their studies with ACCA and their learning partners.”
The deadline for applying to become a student ambassador is 30 November.
More information about the ACCA Student Ambassador Programme or contact Vana Mastromichali - marketing manager for ACCA in the Middle East.