National Education Forum
Malaysia is poised to become a hub for accountancy education in the region. With its reputation of producing quality accountants, affordable education rates and quality teaching facilities, Malaysia is set to leverage on these benefits towards achieving the coveted status.
The higher education institutions in Malaysia are well supported by 20 public higher educational institutions, and more than 450 private universities, colleges and reputable foreign branch campus universities. Currently Malaysia houses more than 70,000 international students from 150 countries (as of 31 December 2008). The country is set to welcome 100,000 international students in Malaysia by the year 2010. At the ACCA's graduation ceremony in November 2009, the aspiration to be the region's accountancy education hub was again reiterated by YB Dato' Seri Mohamed Khaled bin Nordin, the Minister of Higher Education.
ACCA is proud to support this national aspiration by organising its first ACCA National Education Forum, where all the government and non-government agencies, the corporate sector, universities and colleges can discuss and share experiences and best practices towards making Malaysia as the hub for accounting education in the region.
Current issues, challenges and opportunities will be highlighted through visionary presentations and case studies delivered by thought leaders in the education community. The forum will also focus on the synergy between business and academia working together towards producing accountants of the future.
Objectives of the Forum
- To discuss challenges and opportunities that contributes to the development of Malaysia as a preferred accountancy education hub
- To gather feedback and perspectives from industry, business, academia and regulator on the future needs of accountancy users and implication of professional accounting education in Malaysia
Participants shall include:
- Regulatory bodies
- Ministry of Higher Education, Malaysian Institute of Accountants, Ministry of Education, Malaysia Qualification Agency
- Higher learning institutions
- Public and Private
- Post-graduate / PHD candidates / interested researchers in accounting field
- Other important stakeholders who are involved in accountancy education in Malaysia
Download the Programme and Registration form