Nomination for election to the 2011 ACCA Australia & New Zealand Network Panel
ACCA is now accepting nominations for ACCA members resident in Australia and New Zealand to be elected to the 2011 ACCA Australia & New Zealand Network Panel (“The Panel”).
The Panel represents the interests of all network members for both Australia and New Zealand and acts in an advisory capacity to ACCA’s management team. Each Panel member provides advice on the strategic plans being implemented by ACCA. The Panel meets on a quarterly basis with ACCA’s management team via a combination of teleconferences and face-to-face meetings in Sydney, Australia.
The Panel is one of many opportunities for our network members to become actively involved in our current and future initiatives and to provide a voice for members' interests.
We encourage all network members to play an active role in the nomination and election process for the Panel.
COMPOSITION OF THE PANEL
The composition of the Panel reflects the geographical distribution of the network members and therefore;
- 3 Panel members will be drawn from network members resident in New South Wales and/or the Australian Capital Territory
- 2 Panel members will be drawn from network members resident in New Zealand
- 1 Panel member will be drawn from network members resident in Queensland and/or the Northern Territory
- 1 Panel member will be drawn from network members resident in South Australia*
- 2 Panel members will be drawn from network members resident in Victoria and/or Tasmania
- 1 Panel member will be drawn from network members resident in Western Australia.
*Mike Dixon who is the current Vice Chair and represents the region of South Australia will be automatically elected as the Chair at the 2011 AGM. As a result, there will not be a nomination and election process for South Australia this year.
1. Confirm eligibility for nominationThe following criteria applies to all nominations.
- each nominee must have the support of two or more network members. Please note that a network member may also nominate himself or herself for election to the Panel but cannot be one of the two nominating signatories for their own nomination
- the nominee and any network member that supports their nomination must be qualified ACCA members
- the registered address with ACCA for both the nominee and the nominating members must be in the same region
- each nominee must sign and return to ACCA by the date specified below the Code of Practice for the ACCA Australia & New Zealand Network Panel.
2. Complete the nomination form
Each nomination should include a completed copy of the nomination form and an accompanying resume for the nominee. The resume should be no longer than 250 words. Please deliver the nomination form and resume to the Head of ACCA Australia & New Zealand no later than 5.00pm AEST on Monday 28 February 2011. You can submit a nomination via one of the following methods.
+61 2 8245 0211
ACCA, Suite 402, 68 York Street, Sydney NSW 2000
Open the the nomination form . Please contact our office if you cannot open this link.
A copy of the Code of Practice will be sent to each nominated member no later than Monday 7 March 2011.
All nominees must sign a copy of the current Code of Practice as part of their nomination documentation for the ACCA Australia & New Zealand Network Panel and return it to the Head of ACCA Australia & New Zealand by Friday 18 March 2011.
3. Distribution of voting forms
ACCA Australia & New Zealand will inform all network members of nominations received for their respective region on Monday 21 March 2011. In addition, a voting form will be distributed to all network members for any region that is subject to a contested election on Monday 21 March 2011.
All network members are entitled to vote for one member representing their own region.
The election of Panel member is conducted by electronic, postal and facsimile ballot only.
4. Completion of ballot voting
All ballot votes sent by post, facsimile or email for any contested elections must be received by the Head of ACCA Australia & New Zealand before 5.00pm AEST on Friday 29 April 2011.
An external scrutineer will be appointed to count the ballot votes. A summary of ballot votes will be provided to all nominees on Wednesday 4 May 2011 and announced at the Annual General Meeting (AGM).
5. Election of Panel Members
All Panel members will be formally elected to the Panel, in accordance with the outcome of the ballot vote, at the 2011 AGM for the ACCA Australia & New Zealand Network.
The 2011 AGM will be held in Auckland on Thursday 5 May 2011.
A notice for the 2011 AGM will be sent in due course.
Additional information about the Panel and/or a copy of the network rules for the ACCA Australia & New Zealand Network can be accessed by the following channels.
Post or by visiting
Suite 402, 68 York Street, Sydney NSW