Call for Nominations – ACCA New Zealand Awards for Sustainability Reporting
ACCA (The Association of Chartered Certified Accountants) is calling for nominations for its annual New Zealand Sustainability Reporting Awards.
The Awards reward companies for excellence in environmental, social and sustainability reporting. Companies are judged based on transparency in their reporting and how well they communicate their sustainability performance to their target audiences. Entries for the 2009 Awards close 2 April 2010.
“The 2008 Australia and New Zealand Awards saw a 54% increase in entrants, so organisations are starting to take this type of reporting seriously,” says Alana Pellow, Country Manager, ACCA New Zealand.
Following the success of last year’s Awards, ACCA has decided to separate the Awards into two different schemes – one for Australia and one for New Zealand.
The 2009 winners will be announced at the New Zealand Awards for Sustainability Reporting conference in Auckland on 15 July 2010.
The winners from last year’s ACCA Australia and New Zealand Sustainability Reporting Awards included:
- VicSuper, Best report
- Watercare Services, Runner up, Best report
- Origin Energy, 2nd Runner up, Best report
- Henry Davis York Lawyers, Best first-time reporter
- VicSuper , Best SME report
- Toyota Motor Corporation Australia, Best report in consumer and business services
- Origin Energy, Best report in the energy and utilities sector
- VicSuper, Best report in the financial services sector
- BHP Billiton, Best report in the materials sector
- Henry Davis York Lawyers, Best report in the professional services sector
- Stockland, Best report in the property sector
- Woolworths, Best report in the retail sector
- Telstra, Best report in the telecommunications sector
- Transurban Group, Best report in the transport sector
- Watercare Services, Best report in the water sector
Further information on the Awards can be found on the ACCA website: www.accaglobal.com/australia/publicinterest/sustainability.
For a full copy of the report or to arrange an interview with ACCA please contact:
+61 2 9519 5411 / +61 402 382 447